What is microservices ?
Microservices also known as microservices architecture. An application as a collection of services that are:
- Highly maintainable and testable
- Loosely coupled
- Independently deployable
- Organized around business capabilities.
- Easy and risk free to change.
- Small scalable components.
- Reduces risk during deployment.
From this way you have to understand how a monolithic application is decomposed into small tiny micro applications which are packaged and deployed independently.
The microservice architecture enables the continuous delivery/deployment of large, complex applications. It also enables an organization to evolve its technology stack.